2020 Northern Regional Workshop
– Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) and
– Development of Air Toxics Emission Inventories
Best Western Premier Park Hotel
22 S Carroll Street
Madison, WI 53703
This one-day workshop will address two timely topics. The morning session will provide an update on recent developments in the area of Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS), including information specifically useful to pulp and paper mills. The afternoon session will focus on development of facility air toxics emission inventories, including data selection, common issues, and example exercises. Meeting attendees can leverage learnings from these sessions toward addressing operational issues and more efficiently managing environmental obligations. Download the Second Call (PDF)
Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) – Responding to Current Initiatives
- Overview of PFAS Science, Giffe Johnson, NCASI
- Regulatory Update (Federal and States), Giffe Johnson, NCASI
- Modeling PFAS in Land Applied Residuals, Derek Sain, NCASI
- Guidance when Undertaking Analytical Work, Matthew Booth, NCASI
- TRI Reporting for PFAS, Zach Emerson, NCASI
- State Activities, Darsi Foss, WDNR Environmental Management Division
- PFAS Experiences Panel Question/Answer
Development of Air Toxics Emission Inventories
Derek Sain and Zach Emerson, NCASI
- Air Toxics Inventories
- Air Toxics Data Sources
- Emission Factors and Statistical Considerations
- Group Exercises and Example Calculations
To register for the workshop, please complete and submit this online registration form.
Registration fees are used to defray part of the costs of food, beverage, and meeting rooms.
- $75 for NCASI Members and Sustaining Members
- $50 for Government Agency Staff and Academics
Fees will be waived for government agency staff participating on the agenda.
Payment by credit card will be accepted online. (We cannot accept credit card payments at the meeting.) Payment by check will be accepted at the meeting or in advance via mail to the NCASI West Coast Regional Center, 227 NW Third Street, Corvallis, OR 97330.
Questions about workshop registration should be directed to Karen Phelps (gro.isacn@splehpk or 541-249-3990).
Continuing Professional Competency Credits
NCASI is an approved Continuing Professional Competency sponsor and can offer professional development credits to those attending this event. Requests for certification of attendance should be made through Carol Williams (gro.isacn@smailliwc or 919-941-6400).
The workshop will be held at the Best Western Premier Park Hotel in Madison. Attendees wishing to reserve a guest room may do so online or by calling the hotel directly at 608-285-8000. Reference the “NCASI – Northern Regional Workshop” room block. Cancellation of individual reservations must be made 24 hours prior to arrival.
Questions regarding the workshop may be directed to Paul Wiegand (gro.isacn@dnageiwp or 919-941-6417).