INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
General Users. NCASI does not collect any personal information from users browsing the public areas of its website. Only aggregate data—such as the number of hits per page—are collected. Aggregate data are only used for internal purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information.
NCASI Members and Other Customers. To gain access to members-only resources and personalization features on the NCASI website, employees of Member Companies and other qualified users are required to register and provide some limited personal information—name, company name, address, phone, and email address. You may request a user account by contacting NCASI or its administrative liaison at your company (if a member of NCASI).
When a user logs on to the website, the user is not anonymous to us. NCASI records information on our server logs from the user’s browser, including IP address, cookies, and pages viewed.
Also, for some electronic newsletters sent via email in HTML format by NCASI, information may be collected regarding what the recipient does with that email—such as whether a recipient subsequently clicks through to links provided in the message. Other data collected through this tracking feature include email address of a user, the date and time of the user’s “click,” a message number, name of the list from which the message was sent, tracking URL number and destination page.
IP Addresses. When your web browser requests a webpage or email from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your Internet Protocol Address (“IP address”). NCASI receives IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a webpage. IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including but not limited to diagnosing service or technology problems and estimating the number of users visiting a website.
Information Sharing and Retention.
The data collected on this website are for internal use and for summary reporting by NCASI to individual Member companies as outlined below. NCASI does not sell or otherwise distribute this information to any third party. NCASI collects this information only for these general purposes:
- to ensure the security of the website;
- to fulfill requests for information and services;
- to enhance user access to information resources on the website;
- to improve the content and organization of the website; and
- to provide individual Member companies with summary reporting of the overall use of this site by the Member company’s staff as a whole. Individual usage is not reported.
NCASI retains your personally identifiable information, as necessary, for business purposes and as required by government regulation. We dispose of records and delete information when our record retention period(s) expire(s).
EMAIL DISTRIBUTION POLICY
Individuals may be placed on our distribution list to receive email notices when NCASI publishes a new newsletter, report, or other publication; or announces an upcoming webcast or meeting. The NCASI distribution list is comprised of contact information gathered from the following sources:
- NCASI Member Company corporate officers and managers routinely provide the names of employees who are likely to be interested in and benefit from the environmental information NCASI provides.
- Individuals often contact NCASI and request to subscribe to an NCASI publication.
- Occasionally, NCASI will add the names of individuals who have participated in an NCASI meeting, workshop, or have expressed an interest in the organization.
NCASI reserves the right to change any portion of the above policies without notice.
Requests to be added to or removed from a distribution list may be sent to gro.isacn@ofni.