NCASI Caribou Research Program
- Nutritional Condition Indices for Caribou: Evaluating Accuracy, Precision and Sensitivity. Poster (2018)
- Evaluating body condition of woodland caribou in Ontario, British Columbia, and Northwest Territories. Poster (October 2018)
- An Inventory of Caribou Research Programs in Canada. NCASI Special Report No. 11-02 (July 2011)
- Presentation on background and overview of NCASI Caribou Research Program (May 2008)
- Habitat Influences on Woodland Caribou Populations in Canada: A New Research Direction [Research Prospectus] (September 2007)
- State of Knowledge and Analysis of Current Research on Woodland Caribou in Canada. NCASI Technical Bulletin No. 939 (September 2007)
- A Review of Ungulate Nutrition and the Role of Top-Down and Bottom-Up Forces in Woodland Caribou Population Dynamics. NCASI Technical Bulletin No. 934 (June 2007)
- Ecological Interactions Among Caribou, Moose, and Wolves: Literature Review. NCASI Technical Bulletin No. 893 (December 2004)
NCASI has hosted several webcasts on key topics relevant to development and execution of its caribou and nutrition research program. Presentations by key members of the research team have covered: (1) background information and science related to the development of the project; (2) an understanding of the specific strengths of each key research team member; and (3) expanded information on the specific research to be undertaken during the captive (tame) caribou phase of the project.
- Technical review of research note published in Conservation Biology by Schaefer (2003): Long-term range recession and the persistence of Caribou in the Taiga (May 2008).
- Technical review of paper published in ÉcoScience by Courtois et al.: Effects of forest disturbance on density, space use, and mortality of woodland caribou (April 2008).
- Review of Nature Quebec Report: Criteria and Suggestions for Protected Areas for Woodland Caribou (March 2008).
- Technical review of paper published in Journal of Wildlife Management by Vors et al.: Woodland caribou extirpation and anthropogenic landscape disturbance in Ontario (September 2007).
- Comment on paper published in Population Ecology by Wittmer et al.: Hypothesis testing for top-down and bottom-up effects in woodland caribou population dynamics (September 2007).