Virtual Conference Code of Conduct
NCASI is committed to providing a welcoming, productive, harassment-free environment for all conference participants, including attendees, presenters, sponsors, and NCASI staff members regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. While we encourage discussion and conversation as an integral part of learning, we will not tolerate harassment or disruptive actions in any form. By entering the NCASI 2021 Virtual Annual Conference, you are agreeing to abide by this Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct.
Participants asked to stop any harassing or disruptive behavior are expected to comply immediately. In response to an incident of unacceptable behavior, NCASI reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary, including immediate removal from any session without warning, and/or removal from the conference entirely. NCASI further reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Use of sexual language or imagery.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, presenter, sponsor, or NCASI staff member, including, but are not limited to verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, or threatening or stalking.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the virtual exhibit hall, in private chats and meetings, Question and Answers sessions, or at any other event in the NCASI virtual conference. All participants must comply with the instructions of the session moderator.
- Participants should not copy or take screenshots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns about disruptive behavior, please contact a member of the NCASI team immediately. Each session will be moderated by an NCASI Staff member whom you may contact privately in real time using the chat feature from the bottom of your screen throughout the session. You can also contact NCASI staff via the Pathable contacts. All NCASI staff will be identified with an NCASI staff ribbon.
We value your attendance and appreciate your adherence to this Code of Conduct.